May 12th 2015
Tech News Today 1257
AOL & Verizon: You've Got Merger!
Hosted by Mike Elgan
White House hires Ed Felten as deputy U.S. chief technology officer.
Records every weekday at 7:00pm Eastern / 4:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Guests: Joe PanettieriLead Anchor: Mike Elgan and Co-Anchor: Joe Panettieri 05-12-2015: Verizon is buying AOL, Streaming music is killing downloads, a startup is launching a consumer camera drone with no controls, and more... Guests: Brian Fung and Dylan Tweney Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 30:52
- Verizon is buying AOL for $4.4 billion
- White House appoints NSA-criticizing computer scientist Ed Felten to key post
- The White House Names Dr. Ed Felten as Deputy U.S. Chief Technology Officer
- The View from the Front Seat of the Google Self-Driving Car
- TANGO LAUNCHES MOBILE SOCIAL SHOPPING WITH WALMART AND ALIEXPRESS
- Warner Music Group Corp. Reports Results for Fiscal Second Quarter Ended March 31, 2015
- Baidu Leads in Artificial Intelligence Benchmark
- "YOUTUBE MY BREAKS" UNVEILED BY NESTLÉ AND GOOGLE
- Lily Camera