May 12th 2015
Tech News Today 1257
AOL & Verizon: You've Got Merger!
Hosted by Mike Elgan
White House hires Ed Felten as deputy U.S. chief technology officer.
Although the show is no longer in production, you can enjoy previous episodes from the TWiT Archives.
Guests: Joe PanettieriLead Anchor: Mike Elgan and Co-Anchor: Joe Panettieri 05-12-2015: Verizon is buying AOL, Streaming music is killing downloads, a startup is launching a consumer camera drone with no controls, and more... Guests: Brian Fung and Dylan Tweney Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 30:52
- Verizon is buying AOL for $4.4 billion
- White House appoints NSA-criticizing computer scientist Ed Felten to key post
- The White House Names Dr. Ed Felten as Deputy U.S. Chief Technology Officer
- The View from the Front Seat of the Google Self-Driving Car
- TANGO LAUNCHES MOBILE SOCIAL SHOPPING WITH WALMART AND ALIEXPRESS
- Warner Music Group Corp. Reports Results for Fiscal Second Quarter Ended March 31, 2015
- Baidu Leads in Artificial Intelligence Benchmark
- "YOUTUBE MY BREAKS" UNVEILED BY NESTLÉ AND GOOGLE
- Lily Camera