May 4th 2015
Tech News Today 1251
Twitter Hits HBO Below the Belt
Hosted by Mike Elgan
US Justice Department plans to reveal more about the government's of phone tracking systems.
Although the show is no longer in production, you can enjoy previous episodes from the TWiT Archives.
Lead Anchor: Mike Elgan 5/4/2015: Facebook's internet.org and Pinterest open their doors to third-party developers, the US justice department opens an investigation into the government's use of flying dirtboxes, Cisco announced that Senior VP Chuck Robbins will take over as CEO, and more... Guests: Nivedita Bhattacharjee, Andrew Wallenstein, and Andrew Nusca Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 26:55
- Facebook opens Internet.org to developers amid open web debate in India
- Periscope Piracy Sets Up Grudge Match: Hollywood vs. Twitter
- Cisco names Chuck Robbins as CEO; John Chambers to become executive chairman
- U.S. Will Change Stance on Secret Phone Tracking
- Mark Zuckerberg shared Robert Goldberg's post.
- America's Willing Helper: Intelligence Scandal Puts Merkel in Tight Place
- Pinterest - Build an app that helps millions of people do things they love
- #HowIWatchTNT - @timdawg53