Apr 23rd 2015
Tech News Today 1244
The Comcast-Time Warner Deal is Dead
Hosted by Mike Elgan
U.S. Defense Secretary is expected to unveil a new cyber strategy for the Pentagon today.
Records every weekday at 7:00pm Eastern / 4:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Lead Anchor: Mike Elgan and Co-Anchor: Selena Larson 4/23/15 : Comcast's acquisition of Time Warner Cable is in big trouble, a new iOS 8 flaw exposes iPhones to being attacked by WiFi networks, we'll tell you where you can go tomorrow to buy an Apple Watch, and more... Guests: Matthew Garrahan and Daniel Howley Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 37:35
- Proposed $45bn Comcast-TWC deal hits regulatory turbulence
- Hackers Can Continuously Restart Your iOS Device Thanks to New Exploit
- Pentagon's new cyber strategy cites U.S. ability to retaliate
- LIVE on #Periscope: Andrew Ference is live at the NHL & answering questions now.
- The Apple Watch Arrives in Stores (Just Not Its Own)
- Lifecake - Time travel for parents.
- EU Considers Creating Powerful Regulator to Oversee Web Platforms
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Flaw Allows Hackers To Clone Fingerprints, Claim Researchers
- Veteran Apple Public Relations Executive Natalie Kerris to Retire
- Apple invention uses vibrations and temperature to simulate different materials on touchscreens, trackpads
- Facebook 'excited' about ads potential as it reaches 4bn daily video views
- All the Ridiculous Adjectives Jony Ive Used to Describe the Apple Watch
- Republic Wireless
- The Model for Google's New Wireless Network Has Been Around Since 2011