Apr 1st 2015
Tech News Today 1228
Hosted by Mike Elgan
1200 Radio Shack stores may stay open with more Sprint products.
Records every weekday at 7:00pm Eastern / 4:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Lead Anchor: Mike Elgan and Co-Anchor: Jason Hiner 4/01/2015: Google announces a dongle that turns any TV into a Chromebook, Twitter wants to put ads on your feed, Facebook figures out how you can tag your kids who are too young to be on Facebook, and more... Guests: Kurt Wagner and Natt Garun Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 37:27 Please take the TWiT Audience Survey. It only takes a few minutes and we'd love to know what you think.
- Best of April Fools: Backwards Google, Uber with cats
- Google's Cheapest Chromebooks Yet: $149 Hisense and Haier Laptops
- Twitter Is Now Placing Ads Within User Profiles
- Curator, Twitter's answer to Storify, is now publicly open to media organizations
- Bankruptcy judge approves sale of RadioShack stores to hedge fund Standard General
- Yik Yak - Help Us Try Out Some Possible Features!
- The Times Rolls Out One-Sentence Stories on Apple Watch
- Facebook - Introducing Scrapbook
- Charter Communications to Buy Cable Operator Bright House Networks
- Out with unwanted ad injectors
- #HowIWatchTNT - +JonalColeman