Jan 30th 2015
Tech News Today 1186
Lead Anchor: Mike Elgan and Co-Anchor: Christina Warren Google and Amazon report financials -- who's up? Who's down? We'll tell you, Microsoft wants to get into the Android business, Facebook wants to get into Yelp's business, and more... Guests: Alison Griswold, Deepa Seetharaman, Alexei Oreskovic, Devindra Hardawar and Iain Thomson Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 36:45
- Amazon Managed to Make Money.
- AWS move, disclosure suggest Amazon yielding more to Wall Street
- UPDATE 2-Google 4th-qtr revenue misses Wall Street target
- Microsoft is reportedly investing in Cyanogen's custom Android mod
- Kill Facebook's creepy on-by-default Yelp 'killer' Place Tips – your guide
- Why Is Google Making Human Skin?
- Model X testing video at Alameda Airport shows side mirrors and larger backside
- TWiT Fan of the day: The TriCastor