Dec 11th 2014
Tech News Today 1153
Sony Gets Played in China
Hosted by Mike Elgan
Tim Cook named "Person of the Year" by the Financial Times.
Although the show is no longer in production, you can enjoy previous episodes from the TWiT Archives.
Guests: Elise HuLead Anchor: Mike Elgan and Co-Anchor: Elise Hu Tim Cook named "Person of the Year" by the Financial Times, Google plans to close Google News in Spain, Sony Pictures strikes back at hackers with a Denial of Service attack, PlayStation 4 will go on sale in China in January, United Airlines will begin deploying 23 thousand iPhone 6 Plus smartphones to flight attendants, Amazon might expand same-day delivery globally, and more. Guests: Jeremy Malcolm and Alexander Sliwinski Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 30:50
- Person of the Year: Tim Cook of Apple
- Google News Shuttered in Spain Thanks to "Ancillary Copyright" Law
- Sony Pictures Tries to Disrupt Downloads of Its Stolen Files
- PlayStation 4, Vita launch in China next month
- United Airlines to deploy Apple's iPhone 6 Plus to more than 23,000 flight attendants worldwide
- Amazon job posts hint at global ambitions for same-day delivery
- Breaking News: Delhi High Court grants injunction against Xiaomi
- #howiwatchtnt - James Kaehler