Dec 9th 2014
Tech News Today 1151
Blame James Franco
Hosted by Mike Elgan
A horrible secret in the world of Linux has been uncovered.
Records every weekday at 7:00pm Eastern / 4:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Guests: Joe PanettieriLead Anchor: Mike Elgan and Co-Anchor: Joe Panettieri The Sony Pictures hackers are back with new threats against the company, a horrible secret in the world of Linux has been uncovered, password help is on the way via FIDO!, and more. Guests: Lorenzo Franceschi-Bicchierai and Steve Gibson Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 41:05
- Hackers sent extortion email to Sony executives 3 days before attack
- Powerful, highly stealthy Linux trojan may have infected victims for years
- Dashline - The world's best password manager & secure digital wallet.
- Google-backed password-killer crosses major milestone
- Blackphone's New PrivatOS Enhances Users' Privacy While Granting Access To Apps
- Amazon tells FAA to change drone laws or it'll move research abroad
- U.S. consumers warm to wearable tech, Europeans cooler: study
- Will We Finally Be Able to Search Facebook Posts?
- #howiwatchtnt - Tiaan Van Zyl
- The After Nines Inc. Podcast