Nov 19th 2014
Tech News Today 1139
Nielsen Counts on Streaming Media
Hosted by Mike Elgan
Apple releases WatchKit for developers.
Records every weekday at 7:00pm Eastern / 4:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Hosts: Mike Elgan and Katie Benner Apple releases WatchKit for developers, a federal jury orders Apple to pay Mobile Telecommunications Technologies $23.6 million for infringing on pager patents, TV metrics company Nielsen plans to start measuring subscription video on demand viewership on Netflix and others, Google plans to label websites that look good on smartphones, Twitter completes the indexing of every tweet ever, and more. Guests: Buster Hein, Susan Decker, and Keach Hagey Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 31:06
- WatchKit - Get your iPhone app ready for Apple Watch.
- Apple Told to Pay $23.6 Million Over Pager Technology
- Nielsen to Measure Netflix Viewing
- Google - Mobile-Friendly Websites
- China Stops Censoring the Web—for Three Days, in One City
- Twitter - Advanced Search
- Senate Debate on USA Freedom Act
- Pebblers Meet PayPal - PayPal App Now Available for Pebble
- AT&T and Starbucks Bring Wireless Phone Chargers to Some Coffee Shops
- #howiwatchtnt - Chris West