Nov 5th 2014
Tech News Today 1129
Beam Me Up Onyx
Hosted by Mike Elgan
Government requests for Facebook data is up 24% since 2013.
Records every weekday at 7:00pm Eastern / 4:00pm Pacific / 00:00 UTC.
Host: Mike Elgan Samsung to hit the reset button on the Galaxy S6 with "Project Zero," government requests up 24% since 2013 for Facebook, OnBeep's Onyx wearable lets you talk with friends similarly to the 'Star Trek' communicator, Apple Watch rumored to come out February 14th, Spotify royalty payments are greater than iTunes in some markets, Google Wallet usage boosted after Apple Pay launch, CNN caught using Microsoft Surface to hide iPads, and more. Guests: Jeff John Roberts and Jordan Novet Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 22:35
- Samsung Wants To Start Galaxy S6 From Scratch With ‘Project Zero'
- Facebook stats show government requests up 24% since 2013, 5,000+ FISA requests
- OnBeep's Onyx wearable lets you talk with friends wherever there's a mobile signal
- IGen Info: $ 500 for the Apple Watch, February 14?
- Spotify Royalty Payments Outpace iTunes in Some Markets
- New App ‘Hash' Attempts to Better Organize Tweets Around Events
- Google Wallet use grows after Apple Pay launch
- Xiaomi Makes a Profit on Its Cheap Smartphones
- CNN caught using Microsoft Surface as iPad kickstand
- Germany's top publisher bows to Google in news licensing row