Oct 15th 2014
Tech News Today 1114
Poodle in the Middle
Hosted by Mike Elgan
Google researchers have discovered a bug in SSL 3.0 enables hackers to hijack secure cookies.
Records every weekday at 7:00pm Eastern / 4:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Hosts: Mike Elgan and Jason Howell. Google unveils Lollipop and a few new Nexus devices, a new bug in SSL 3.0 called Poodle, the drama between Apple and GT Advanced Technologies continues, and more. Guests: Dennis Fisher and Phil Goldstein. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 24:42
- Google Unveils Nexus 6 Phone to Rival iPhone 6
- New POODLE SSL 3.0 Attack Exploits Protocol Fallback Issue - See more at: https://threatpost.com/new-poodle-ssl-3-0-attack-exploits-protocol-fallback-issue/108844#sthash.MvfPq9xY.dpuf
- Apple's bankrupt sapphire supplier GT Advanced Technologies to shut down factories
- Qualcomm Set to Buy British Chip Maker CSR for $2.5 Billion
- Mozilla teams up with Humble Bundle to offer Firefox and Chrome users eight plugin-free games
- Show notes for today's episode