Oct 7th 2014
Tech News Today 1108
Apple's Unbreakable Sapphire Partner Is Broke
Hosted by Mike Elgan
Apple's partner for the making of sapphire displays has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
Although the show is no longer in production, you can enjoy previous episodes from the TWiT Archives.
Guests: Joe PanettieriHosts: Mike Elgan, Joe Panettieri and Jason Howell Apple's sapphire display partner files for Chapter 11, EU investigates Amazon for tax evasion in Luxembourg, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration is defending its impersonation of a woman on Facebook, and more. Guests: Stephen Shankland, Ben Fox Rubin, Russell Brandom and Chris Hamby. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 41:37
- Commission investigates transfer pricing arrangements on corporate taxation of Amazon in Luxembourg
- Efficient, useful blue-light LED draws Nobel Prize in physics
- Apple sapphire supplier GT Advanced files for bankruptcy protection
- Messaging app Telegram launches Korean version to cash in on privacy fears
- Government Set Up A Fake Facebook Page In This Woman's Name
- Show notes for today's episode