Aug 21st 2014
Tech News Today 1076
HP Sales Up, Employees Down
Hosted by Mike Elgan
Hewlett-Packard yesterday surprised Wall Street by posting an unexpected increase in revenue.
Records every weekday at 7:00pm Eastern / 4:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Hosts: Mike Elgan and Jason Howell New evidence reveals the Apple iWatch should ship very soon, HP posts unexpected increase in revenue, Google Wave reemerges with Sandstorm, and more. Guests: Matt Margolis, Julie Bort, David Meyer, Barry Schwartz and Mikey Campbell. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 28:20
- Apple files to kick off expanded, potentially ‘jewelry'-classified sapphire production this month
- HP's Ongoing Layoffs Have Dragged Down Its Best Quarter In Three Years Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/hps-blow-out-quarter-doesnt-thrill-2014-8#ixzz3B3I6MXPb
- Remember Google's Wave? Thanks to Sandstorm, it's easy to start using again
- Google AdSense Earnings Drop With HTTPS Migrations
- Apple invention helps iPhone users find their parked car despite poor cell, GPS reception
- Show notes for today's episode