Aug 8th 2014
Tech News Today 1067
Watch Out for the WarKitteh
Hosted by Mike Elgan
How to weaponize your pets.
Records every weekday at 1:00pm Eastern / 10:00am Pacific / 17:00 UTC.
Guests: Bryan BurnettHosts: Mike Elgan and Lee Hutchinson The Pentagon tweets about air strikes in Iraq, Yahoo will use PGP encryption for email, Russian public WiFi requiring passport or ID before use, authors plan to publish open letter slamming Amazon, Coco the cat wearing the WarKitteh probes for open WiFi networks, and more. Guests: Reed Albergotti. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 38:47
- Pentagon Announces Iraq Airstrikes With a Tweet
- Yahoo to begin offering PGP encryption support in Yahoo Mail service
- Facebook Messenger Privacy Fears? Here's What You Need to Know
- Public Wi-Fi users in Russia will have to log on with ID, reports say
- Plot Thickens as 900 Writers Battle Amazon
- How to Use Your Cat to Hack Your Neighbor's Wi-Fi
- TNT fan of the day is Rose Sterling