Aug 6th 2014
Tech News Today 1065
Orwellian Memory Hole
Hosted by Mike Elgan
Russian Hackers Stockpiled 1.2 Billion Credentials
Although the show is no longer in production, you can enjoy previous episodes from the TWiT Archives.
Hosts: Mike Elgan and Sarah Silbert Russian hackers stockpiled 1.2 billion usernames and passwords, Guests: Russell Brandom, Shara Tibken, and Brian Fung Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 40:54
- Russian hackers acquires 1.2 billion usernames and passwords.
- Apple and Samsung dropping all legal action outside the US.
- The Chinese government appears to be increasing its crackdown on American technology companies.
- Wikipedia posted details for five notices of removal that affected more than 50 links and pages on the site.
- BlackBerry has been granted a major security clearance from the Pentagon.
- iPhone 6 announcement on September 9th
- Moto 360 charging solution.