Aug 5th 2014
Tech News Today 1064
Getting Out of the BlackBerry Jam
Hosted by Mike Elgan
PayPal's Two Factor Authentication Hacked
Records every weekday at 1:00pm Eastern / 10:00am Pacific / 18:00 UTC.
Hosts: Mike Elgan and Joe Panettieri US Department of Transportation may ban phone calls on planes, BlackBerry memo suggests layoffs are over, Samsung plans to continue to purchase from Chinese suppliers that use children as workers, Microsoft Surface performance, PayPal two factor authentication hacked, and more. Guests: Roger Cheng and Gregg Keizer. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 39:06
- US Department of Transportation may ban phone calls on airplanes
- An internal memo from BlackBerry suggests layoffs are over and that the smartphone maker is actually looking to make some hires
- Samsung plans to continue doing business with a Chinese parts supplier that use children as workers
- How is Microsoft Surface performing financially?
- A security researcher has figured out how to bypass Paypal's two factor authentication and hack into an account.
- Today's show notes