Jul 22nd 2014
Tech News Today 1054
Hosted by Mike Elgan
New York's plans to replace phone booths with Wi-Fi hotspots.
Records every weekday at 7:00pm Eastern / 4:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Guests: Joe PanettieriHosts: Mike Elgan and Joe Panettieri Apple's optimistic on how many iPhones it can sell, Amazon's take on the mobile wallet, Yahoo's move into solidifying its mobile presence, and more. Guests: Mikey Campbell, Larry Magid and Lily Hay Newman Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 42:05
- Apple Readies a Big Bet on Big-Screen Phones
- Apple granted comprehensive 'iTime' smartwatch patent with in-strap circuitry, arm gesture support
- Amazon Quietly Launches Its Consumer-Facing Mobile Wallet App, Amazon Wallet
- Yahoo to buy analytics startup Flurry to bolster mobile ad business
- Privacy Badger
- Google To Turn NYC Payphones Into WiFi Hotspots
- New Facebook Feature Lets You
- Show notes for today's episode