Jul 9th 2014
Tech News 2Night 125
US Military Studied Social Media Influence
Hosted by Sarah Lane
Getting tougher for patent trolls.
Records every weekday at 7:00pm Eastern / 4:00pm Pacific / 0:00 UTC.
Guests: Fr. Robert Ballecer, SJHost: Fr. Robert Ballecer, SJ DARPA studies how to use social media for propaganda and deception, Bell Labs breaks speed record of 10Gbps over copper wire, it's getting tougher for patent tolls, the FAA investigates fireworks drones, and plans the former CEO of Mozilla had for Firefox to take on Chrome. Guest: Brad Chacos Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tn2. Bandwidth for Tech News Tonight is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 13:24
- White House pulls plug on controversial Patent Office nominee after tech sector backlash
- Google, Canon, Dropbox and Others Pool Patents to Ward Off Trolls
- LG's new KizON wristband is a wearable for kids that lets parents track their location
- 10Gbps over a copper telephone line: A new world record set by Bell Labs
- Former Mozilla CEO would've transformed Firefox into a pro-privacy anti-Chrome
- FAA Investigating Drone Flights Into Fireworks
- US military studied how to influence Twitter users in Darpa-funded research