- Last week's news about evidence of LastPass vault decryption targeting cryptocurrency keys, and the UK's backing down on its encryption monitoring legislation.
- How hardware security modules (HSMs) allow cryptographic operations like code signing without exposing private keys.
- Browser identity segregation using multiple profiles rather than separate browsers.
- Requirements and best practices for securely wiping data from modern solid state drives.
- A countdown clock for the 32-bit UNIX time rollover in the year 2038.
- Steve's plan to move off Twitter and onto email lists for Security Now communication.
- A deep dive into cryptographic hash collisions, using fewer hash bits, and balancing anonymity with statistical meaning.
Show Notes - https://www.grc.com/sn/SN-940-Notes.pdf
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/security-now.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
You can submit a question to Security Now at the GRC Feedback Page.