Oct 1st 2014
Security Now 475
Shocked by the Shell
Hosted by Steve Gibson
Apple offers OS X updates for the ShellShock problem
Records live every Tuesday at 4:30pm Eastern / 1:30pm Pacific / 20:30 UTC.
Guests: Fr. Robert Ballecer, SJHosts: Steve Gibson with Fr. Robert Ballecer After covering a very busy and interesting past week of security and privacy news, Father Robert and Steve explain, examine, and dig down deep into the many fascinating details of the worst-ever, two-decade old, latent and pervasive Internet bug known as "ShellShock." Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/sn. We invite you to read, add to, and amend our show notes. You can submit a question to Security Now! at the GRC Feedback Page. For 16kbps versions, transcripts, and notes (including fixes), visit Steve's site: grc.com, also the home of the best disk maintenance and recovery utility ever written Spinrite 6. Bandwidth for Security Now is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 1:59:31
- Apple MAC OX's bash "shellshock" updates
- What's really happening with iOS 8 MAC address randomization?
- FBI Director James Comey 'Very Concerned' About New Apple, Google Privacy Features
- Mozilla's experience when they changed their web servers from SHA-1 to SHA-2...
- Still more vulnerabilities in bash? Shellshock becomes whack-a-mole