On The New Screen Savers recorded on Saturday, November 10, 2018, with Leo Laporte and Jason Snell:
- Leo and Jason discuss Samsung's unveiling of its first foldable phone and other hot topics.
- We have all the new products Apple announced last week starting with the completely redesigned iPad Pro which features an edge-to-edge Liquid Retina display, FaceID, the A12X Bionic chip that rivals the power of most PCs, a USB-C port, the new Apple Pencil, and more.
- Leo and Jason also give their take on the new thinner and lighter MacBook Air that adds Retina display, Touch ID, and a Force Touch trackpad to the popular ultrabook.
- Leo also compares the MacBook Air to a similarly priced Windows ultrabook, the Huawei MateBook X Pro, packing features an edge-to-edge display, 8th-gen Intel Core i7, and a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce MX150 GPU.
- Jason Snell gives his review for the new Mac mini which hasn't had a major update in 4 years, greatly increasing its performance with quad or 6-core Intel processors, up to 64GB of RAM, and a fast SSD up to 2TB.
- RED, a leading maker of digital cinema cameras, entered the Android market with the Hydrogen One which features a 3D holographic display. Jason Howell gives his review.
- Samsung debuts foldable 'Infinity Flex' phone display
- Google says Android will natively support ‘foldables’ to limit fragmentation
- Report: Australian intelligence knows Huawei was used in espionage
- Apple 12.9" iPad Pro
- Apple 13.3" MacBook Air with Retina Display
- Huawei MateBook X Pro Signature Edition
- Apple Mac mini (Late 2018)
- MacBook Air review: Center of the Mac world?
- Mac mini 2018 review: The Swiss army knife of Macs returns
- RED HYDROGEN One