On this episode of The New Screen Savers for Saturday, February 3, 2018 with Leo Laporte and Florence Ion:
- Now you can see the ruins under the trees! Archeologist and National Geographic Explorer Thomas Garrison and his team used LIDAR to scan hundreds of square miles of Guatemalan jungle and discovered thousands of new Mayan structures, roads, buildings, and reservoirs.
- California is taking Net Neutrality into its own hands and upsetting the FCC. Our legal expert Denise Howell from ""This Week in Law"" joins us to discuss the ramifications.
- Did you know it is the 20th Anniversary of Open Source! Joining us Simon Phipps from the FOSDEM 2018 Open Source conference in Brussels.
- Megan Morrone wants to helps solve the problem of finding the keyboard that's right for you and your iPad.
- You can call it an Apple Watch knock-off but Fr. Robert Ballecer, SJ has some nice things to say about the WeLoop Hey 3S GPS Smartwatch.
- In Call for Help, we'll help consolidate your photos on multiple machines. Plus, Flo answers some Android questions in the Mail Bag.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Alphabet results- up 24%
- Apple Q1 2018 earnings: Record revenue, beating the estimates
- Telegram apps fall foul of iOS App Store content rules
- The very first web site is up and running.
- California Introduces Its Own Bill to Protect Net Neutrality
- CA Bill SB-460
- Montana- Gov. Steve Bullock signed an executive order: "any internet service provider with a state government contract cannot b
- Can the FCC block these state laws? Won't this just end up in court?
- 21 states are also suing the FCC over Net Neutrality
- Laser Scans Reveal Maya "Megalopolis" Below Guatemalan Jungle
- Maya civilization was much vaster than known, thousands of newly discovered structures reveal
- Ancient Maya Cities Found Hidden in Guatemalan Jungle
- 20th Anniversary of OpenSource
- FOSDEM 2018 in Brussels
- WeLoop Hey 3S 1.28 Inch Memory LCD Sports Smart Watch 50 Meters Water Resistance Bluetooth 4.0 - Black
- Datally: mobile data-saving & WiFi app by Google