This week Fr. Robert Ballecer and Patrick Delahanty have a gift guide for Makers!
- Digital Soldering Iron
- Hot Air Rework Gun
- DC Power Supply
And all the stuff you need to assist...
- Any numbers of arms, clips & Magnifying glasses
- 4 completely adjustable arms/clips
- Magnifying glass on articulated arm w/LED light
Don't forget the Heat Shrink Tubing!
- Flux and flow the wick
- Apply heat to joint THROUGH the wick
- 5v to 23v -- step down to 1v to 17v (but can only step DOWN, not up)
- Adjustable with the onboard potentiometer
- 3Amp Max (I only trust it to 1Amp)
- No heat problem. It doesn't "dump" power... it switches on and off using "synchronous rectification"
- Instead of diodes, uses transistors to do the switching
- Reduces voltage, but increases current
- MUCH more efficient than a linear regulator (they dissipate extra power as heat)
Porter-Cable Heat Gun ($20)
- 1.6 Amp motor // 7ft Cord
- 5,000-35,000 rpm
- 2-year warranty
- The Platinum Edition comes with:
- 77 Tools
- Carrying Case
Connect with us!
- Don't forget to check out our large library of projects at https://twit.tv/shows/know-how.
- Join our Google+ Community.
- Tweet at us at @PadreSJ, @PDelahanty, and @Anelf3.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.