Patrick shows us how to make our own resin castings for cosplay and we discuss the recent Silicon Valley Comic Con.
Silicon Valley Comic Con
- Silicone Putty:
- Mold release agent
Create a silicone mold
- Take equal parts of "Component A" and "Component B"
- Ball them up to make sure the balls are about the same size
- Mix them together so there are no swirls (about 1 minute)
- Roll it into a ball and then flatten slightly. Press object into putty.
- Allow sitting for 25 minutes before removing the object.
- Allow for additional curing time if possible. A hair dryer can be used to accelerate curing.
Pour the resin
- Pour equal amounts of "A" and "B" into separate plastic cups
- Pour them together into a mixing cup slowly until no swirls are seen.
- Pour slowly into mold and allow the resin to flow naturally
- Allow curing for 18-24 hours
Connect with us!
- Don't forget to check out our large library of projects at https://twit.tv/shows/know-how.
- Join our Google+ Community.
- Tweet at us at @PadreSJ, @Cranky_Hippo, @PDelahanty, and @Anelf3.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.