On this week's iOS Today with Leo Laporte and Mikah Sargent:
- Using iOS with your family: Family Sharing, Screen Time for Family, purchase sharing, iCloud storage sharing, and Life360.
- News: The EU wants all phones to use interoperable chargers, iPhone 12 may feature a new short-range WiFi standard, AirTags may charge using an Apple-Watch-style charging puck, a research study aims to detect what causes smart speakers to trigger randomly, Apple and Johnson & Johnson team up for a stroke health study called Heartline, and Jif and Giphy are trying to tell everyone how to pronounce GIF.
- Viewer Feedback: Audio streaming issues using AirPods and the Apple Watch and location data tracking and sharing on iOS.
- Mikah's App Cap: Picsew
- Leo's App Cap: The Criterion Collection
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/ios-today.
You can contribute to iOS Today by leaving us a voicemail at 757-504-iPad (757-504-4723) or sending an email to iOSToday@TWiT.tv.
- Cairo Throw
- Family Sharing
- Update: The EU Wants All Phones to Work With Interoperable Chargers, Here’s What That Means for Apple's Lightning Port
- USB TYPE-C EXPLAINED - ASK THE TECH GUY 14
- YubiKey 5 NFC
- iPhone 12 may support new short-range WiFi standard, AirTags to charge wirelessly like an Apple Watch
- Nest Hub Max
- Google Home Max
- Research study aims to detect if, how, when, and why smart speakers are unexpectedly recording audio from their environment
- Apple and Johnson & Johnson team up for Heartline Study aimed at reducing stroke risk
- Jif teams up with GIPHY to help you pronounce GIF properly once and for all
- GIPHY x Jif Limited Edition Jar
- Jif x GIPHY Creamy Peanut Butter Limited Edition Jar, 40oz - Amazon
- GIF - wikipedia
- REGISTER FOR LASTPASS’S RSA AFTER HOURS IN SAN FRANCISCO
- AirSnap Pro
- Twelve South AirSnap Pro - amazon
- The Criterion Channel