May 2nd 2018
FLOSS Weekly 482
Package authors use PyPI to distribute their software.
The Python Package Index (PyPI) is a repository of software for the Python programming language. PyPI helps users find and install software developed and shared by the Python community. Dustin is a contributor, maintainer and administrator of PyPI. Ernest is chair of the Infrastructure Team and Fellow of The Python Software Foundation, Organizer for the Cleveland Python meetup, and upcoming Chair for PyCon US in Cleveland Ohio 2018 and 2019.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/floss-weekly
Here's what's coming up for FLOSS in the future.
Think your open source project should be on FLOSS Weekly? Email Randal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to CacheFly for providing the bandwidth for this podcast and Lullabot's Jeff Robbins, web designer and musician, for our theme music.
- News from the Python Software Foundation
- A new package index for Python
- Next Generation Python Package Repository
- Python Package Index is now in beta at pypi.org
- New PyPI launching Monday, legacy shutdown two weeks later
- legacy.pypi.org shut down, please use pypi.org
- Find, install and publish Python packages with the Python Package Index