Jan 15th 2015
Coding 101 50
Image Manipulation with PHP
The code for today's show is available here
Ur/Web wants to make web programming easier and more secure.
- In designing a web site, a programmer often needs to juggle multiple services, languages and technologies.
- For Example:
- You've got CSS that control page style
- SQL or MySQL database queries
- A service for ad service
- It's easy to get lost in all the different tech confused -- OR WORSE CASE... you leave a few things a little more open than they should, because you're not sure how the different elements will interact with one another. Now a new programming language called Ur/Web promises to make the process easier.
- It uses a STRONGLY TYPED language and "Variable Scoping" to make sure data stays where it's supposed to be.
- It also allows the developer to design in a single interface and Ur/Web will bring in the disparate pieces as needed.
Free PHP Hosting for our fans!
- The owner of "Atabyte Hosting" has made a generous offer for those who want an easy way to develop with PHP
- 500MB Storage Per Person
- 5GB Bandwidth/month Per Person
- PHP 5.5, Perl, Python Coding Support
- MySQL and SQLite Support
- GD image manipulation support
- Full email access
- SSH/SCP/SFTP access
- A subdomain.c101.net
- ONLY for C101 development... any other use would be prohibited. We'll get details for you ASAP.
Get In Touch With Us!
Subscribe and get Coding 101 automatically at https://twit.tv/code
Bandwidth for Coding 101 is provided by CacheFly.