The Code for today's show is available at our: Github
We learned in the last episode that "Regular Expressions" or "RegEx" is just another way of saying, "find a pattern"
We learned that we can use RegEx to search a string for that pattern according to a set of parameters and modifiers that WE determine
The usage of RegEx is as Follows:
$nameofstring =~ (Match Operator) / (expression) / (expression) / (Match Expression Operator)
$nameofstring =~ (action to take)/(pattern to match)/(pattern to replace match with)/(how to search)
Useful Match Operators
- m/ Match Regular Expression
- s/ Substitite Regular Expression
- tr/ Tranliterate Regular expression
Useful Match Operator Modifiers
- g Match globally, find ALL occurences
- i case insensitive
- m treat string as multiple lines
- o Evaluate the expression only once
- s treat string as single line
- x Use extended regular expressions (Allows you to use white space in the expression)
Get in Touch With Us!
Bandwidth for Coding 101 is provided by CacheFly.