Welcome to Coding 101 - It's the TWiT show that gives YOU the knowledge to live in the wonderful world of the programmer. This week we are introducing our newest module, Python with Code Warrior Dale Chase!
To see all the code used in today's episode, go to Our Github Repository for Module 2
Let's Define some Functions!
- Functions can be defined in Python using the "def" keyword in the form "def FunctionName(Variable)"
- The variable listed in parentheses is the parameter that can be passed to the function when it is being called
... print "Hello World!"
... print var1
- This example function will print "Hello World" then print the value of the "var1" variable
- If we want to return a value to the code that called the function, we use "return variablename"
Get in Touch With Us!
- Subscribe and get Coding 101 automatically at TWiT.tv!
- Follow PadreSJ and Snubs on Twitter
- Watch the show live and join the chatroom every Thursday at 1:30pm PST.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/coding-101.
Bandwidth for Coding 101 is provided by CacheFly.