Jan 24th 2023
All About Android 614
Nord to Nothing
Google layoffs, Twitter API fallout, Stadia controller, TicWatch Pro 5, Pixel Tracker
- Android 13 is running on 5.2% of all devices five months after launch
- Android 14 Could Prevent You from Installing Ancient Apps
- Android’s share menu could finally be more consistent in Android 14
- Twitter’s new developer terms ban third-party clients
- Google cuts 12,000 jobs, the largest layoff in the company’s history
- Area 120, Google’s in-house incubator, severely impacted by Alphabet mass layoffs
- Google’s Fuchsia OS was one of the hardest hit by last week’s layoffs
- @readDanwrite: Google NYC employees who arrived at the office early this morning stood in a line to test their badges-- if light turned red, it meant you had been laid off. if green, you were safe.
- @Za_Raczke: Google is working on a smart tracker similar to Apple's AirTag, codename "grogu".
- Mobvoi's next TicWatch Pro looks way sleeker than its last in this leak
- Google Stadia is Finally Dead
- The controller lives on: Play wirelessly with Bluetooth
- @MishaalRahman: Google Messages is starting to roll out support for having up to 100 members in an end-to-end encrypted group chat!
- Google Messages E2E encryption for group chats currently limited to 21 people
- @MishaalRahman: The Google Clock app now lets you record your own audio to use as an alarm. This is rolling out to users on the existing 7.3 release via a server-side update.
- Google Clock's new interface makes it a little too easy to dismiss alarms — but there's a fix
- Google Podcasts disappearing from Search results as it goes on life support
- JR's tip of the week: Search alternative Swurl
- From the Nord to the Nothing phone.
- Nothing phone spotted in the wild... in Dubai!
- How can I send app ideas to Google?
Read our show notes here: https://bit.ly/3R2XZSW
Subscribe to All About Android at https://twit.tv/shows/all-about-android.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit