Sep 6th 2022
All About Android 594
User Choice 5G
- Google announces October 6 hardware event for Pixel 7 and Pixel Watch.
- Google confirms Pixel 7 series will run on new ‘Tensor G2’ chip.
- Pixel 7 series and Pixel 7a may bring ‘higher quality’ Bluetooth LE Audio support.
- Google’s Pixel 7 Pro gets a very quick unboxing as the launch approaches.
- With Pixel 7, Google starts moving flagship production out of China as it ‘explores’ 2023 foldable.
- Google Pixel Watch: Specs, price, Wear OS 3, and everything we know so far.
- The Pixel Tablet could feature Google’s first-gen Tensor SoC, but it might lack cellular connectivity.
- @DSCCRoss: 4 months till the foldable Pixel smartphone starts panel production. Are you excited? I am assuming it will launch in March.
- Google launches third-party Play Store billing pilot—but only cuts fees by 4%.
- @MishaalRahman: Starting today, developers of non-gaming apps can enroll in the user choice billing pilot.
- Android 14 will support satellite connectivity and partners.
- @lockheimer: Wild to think about user experiences for phones that can connect to satellites. When we launched G1 in '08 it was a stretch to get 3G + Wifi working. Now we're designing for satellites.
- Watch Material You and Android UIs interpreted ‘in more physical ways’.
- Google Play restores the app permissions list.
- Digital Wellbeing and Google Clock prep cough & snore detection.
- Mishaal on Reddit: This isn't explored in the linked article, but if you want to know how this'll work, it'll (likely) be using Android 13's new Ambient Context API...
- Twitter’s edit button is a big test for the platform’s future.
- JR's tip of the week: Stack.
- How to save battery on the Pixel 6a.
- My battery is great on the Pixel 6a.
- Pixel hardware has a pattern of issues.
Read our show notes here: https://bit.ly/3qhIhXm
Subscribe to All About Android at https://twit.tv/shows/all-about-android.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit