Jun 22nd 2020
TWiT News 357
WWDC20 State of the Union
Apple's Vice President in Software Engineering Andreas Wendker and other Apple engineers give us a deep dive on the transition to Apple Silicon, as well as changes to macOS, iOS, iPadOS, watvhOS, Xcode, and Swift.
- Apple Silicon is all about performance and interoperability.
- Universal 2 will make Intel apps work on Apple Silicon with Xcode.
- Unity runs on Apple Silicon.
- Rosetta 2 virtualization uses Parallels.
- iOS apps will run natively on macOS with Apple Silicon.
- macOS Big Sur has a new design that borrows heavily from iOS and iPadOS.
- Big Sur is macOS 11.
- iPad Pro Lidar sensor has new uses in iPadOS 14.
- Apple Pencil ads Scribble and Scratch in iPadOS 14.
- You'll be able to code widgets with Swift in iOS 14.
- You can also use Swift to code watchOS complications.
- Xcode will help developers seamlessly transition their apps from Intel to Apple Silicon.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/twit-news.