Facebook, Twitter, and now Google have discovered that Russia bought political ads during the election. Kaspersky is spying. So is the Google Home Mini. Google buys 60db. Project Loon may give Puerto Rico Internet while Elon Musk gives them power, and Zuckerberg looks on in VR. Don't try to rob a bank using information you find online. YouTube bans bump stock videos. Carl's Jr begs Amazon to buy them in bizarre Twitter campaign. Oculus announces a standalone VR headset. Google Assistant has a higher IQ than Siri.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Project Loon authorized to deploy balloons in Puerto Rico to provide emergency service
- Puerto Rico's governor says 'let's talk' after Elon Musk says Tesla can rebuild the island's power grid
- Google buys 60db to elbow its way to front of the podcast industry
- Google uncovers Russian-bought ads aimed at influencing U.S. election
- Why is it American tech journalists are so quick to defend Kaspersky?
- How Israel Caught Russian Hackers Scouring the World for U.S. Secrets - The New York Times
- 37,000 Chrome users downloaded a fake Adblock Plus extension
- Danny Sullivan is the new Matt Cutts
- YouTube bans gun modding tutorials after Las Vegas shooting
- Facebook CSO says press doesn't understand how hard it is to prevent voter manipulation
- Facebook tries fighting fake news with publisher info button on links | TechCrunch
- Zuckerberg apologizes for his tone-deaf VR cartoon tour of Puerto Rico devastation | TechCrunch
- Twitter reverses decision, will allow Blackburn to promote Senate ad
- Florida man asks Google how to rob a bank. He's now in jail.
- Google is nerfing all Home Minis because mine spied on everything I said 24/7
- Carl's Jr. Begging Amazon to Buy It Embodies the Pain of Late Capitalism
- Amazon now lets teens shop with their own account, but with parental approval
- Oculus Go is a standalone $199 VR headset that doesn't need a PC, a phone, or wires
- Medium Opens Subscription Program to All Writers
- What is the IndieWeb?
- BBC Foundation Trilogy (1973)
- BBC Podcasts
- Drama of the Week
- RTE Radio Ulysses Audiobook
- Google scores 47.2 IQ; doubles Siri