Samsung stops production of the Galaxy Note 7 after packing it with "so much innovation it became uncontrollable." Verizon wants a discount on its Yahoo purchase after the largest hack in history and possibly the most intrusive government surveillance program. Amazon Music Unlimited, released today, is ridiculously cheap - if you own an Amazon Echo. Who should buy Twitter? Disney, Google, and Apple won't.
- Jeff thinks Facebook should buy Twitter, Leo thinks the only person who could buy Twitter is a "Wall Street bastard."
- Leo, Danny, and Jeff have a wide ranging argument about the journalistic ethics behind printing leaks from illegally hacked data
- Danny Sullivan "can't even" with Allo.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- How to try Google Assistant on any rooted Android Nougat device now
- Google spends $3.2 million on ads for the Pixel and Pixel XL in just two days, “aggressive” marketing campaign to follow
- Samsung to Permanently Discontinue Galaxy Note 7 Smartphone - WSJ
- NYTimes: Why Samsung Abandoned Its Galaxy Note 7 Flagship Phone
- Samsung sending out fireproof return boxes for the Note 7
- Initial Note 7 costs have already wiped out Samsung’s entire mobile business profits
- Apple and Samsung argue patent case before Supreme Court
- Yahoo’s Government Email Scanner Was Actually a Secret Hacking Tool | Motherboard
- Verizon CEO Says Evaluating Whether Yahoo Hack Had 'Material Impact'
- Yahoo makes it difficult to leave its service by disabling automatic email forwarding
- Can we talk about the ethics of the press & leaks in re Wikileaks' latest?
- Ethics of press and leaks continued
- US government officially blames Russia for hacking Democratic National Committee to "interfere with the US election process"
- Twitter gets no love from Disney, Google, Apple - CNET
- Salesforce Shareholders Besiege Possible Twitter Deal - The New York Times
- Bronte Capital says Private Equity will buy
- Argument that FB should buy Twitter
- NYTimes: Amazon Pairs Its Speaker With Streaming Music, at a Bargain Price
- Verizon and Google say Verizon's Pixels will get OS updates and security patches at the same time as those sold by Google
- Facebook's voter registration reminder, displayed for four days in Sept., caused near-record levels of registration
- Sandberg denies considering cabinet post
- Tesla to hold two launch events in October
- Indieweb Camps in Berlin and LA on 2016-11-04…06
- Ada Lovelace Day was yesterday
- RGB to hex
- Google debuts Project Fi group plan: Add up to 5 people for $15 per month each
- Dozens of suspicious court cases, with missing defendants, aim at getting web pages taken down or deindexed - The Washington Pos
- A judge wants to make patent trolling a first amendment issue
- Pandora launches Pandora Plus, its $5/month ad-free service that also gives users offline playback, more song skips and replays