Facebook tweaks its algorithm to show more posts from family and friends, while Google wants to focus on machine learning.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Google to step up smartphone wars with release of own handset
- Amazon is slashing $50 off the Moto G4 and Blu R1 HD in exchange for lockscreen ads
- Florida Man Sues Apple for $10 Billion, Says He Invented the iPhone in 1992
- Woman wins $10,000 judgment against Microsoft for forced Windows 10 upgrade | ExtremeTech
- Vidcon - is YouTube good for creators?
- Facebook Signs Deals With Media Companies, Celebrities for Facebook Live
- The Good News at Trump’s Least-Favorite Paper -- NYMag
- State of the Art: Facebook, a News Giant That Would Rather Show Us Baby Pictures
- Facebook puts friends above publishers in “News Feed Values” and ranking change
- How Google is Remaking Itself as a “Machine Learning First” Company — Backchannel
- Google uses RankBrain for every search, impacts rankings of "lots" of them
- The New Payola: Deals Landlords Cut with Internet Providers — Backchannel
- Hotel Wi-Fi ratings
- Longtime Google engineer Matt Cutts is joining the Pentagon's digital team
- Google gives Black Girls Code $2.8M space inside its NY headquarters - CNET
- Google is apparently surveying people about what a ‘Chromebook Pro’ should be like
- A.I. Downs Expert Human Fighter Pilot In Dogfights
- Hillary Clinton’s tech policy proposal sounds like a love letter to Silicon Valley - Recode