May 30th 2019
Tech News Weekly 85
Mo Data, Mo Problems
Valve Index, Patron Scan, iPhone trackers
- (01:29) Sam Machkovech from Ars Technica spent a week with the Valve Index VR system, and it's really impressive.
- (14:22) Twitter is a little late to cracking down on extremism, but Joseph Cox from Vice says they are considering deplatforming offenders.
- (28:53) The Washington Post's Geoffrey Fowler discovered how chatty his iPhone is while he sleeps, and that's concerning.
- (40:12) Patron Scan allows bars to keep tabs and block people who behave badly at bars, but is it going too far?
- (44:54) More than half of the workers at Google are contractors who miss out on many of the benefits of full-time employees.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
- One week with the Valve Index: A VR game-changer with a few question marks
- An exhaustive look at Oculus Quest’s first day of great, wireless VR software
- Twitter Has Started Researching Whether White Supremacists Belong on Twitter
- Snapchat Employees Abused Data Access to Spy on Users
- It’s the middle of the night. Do you know who your iPhone is talking to?
- This ID Scanner Company is Collecting Sensitive Data on Millions of Bargoers
- 'A white-collar sweatshop': Google Assistant contractors allege wage theft
- Google’s Shadow Work Force: Temps Who Outnumber Full-Time Employees