Jan 24th 2019
Tech News Weekly 67
Not Sharing Is Caring
Hosted by Megan Morrone, Jason Howell
DuckDuckGo and Apple Maps, 10-year Challenge
Records every Thursday at 2:00pm Eastern / 11:00am Pacific / 18:00 UTC.
- 1:38 The 10-year Challenge was a big hit on social media, but Kate O'Neill says that we should think twice before giving away such valuable datasets for free.
- 17:19 DuckDuckGo struck a deal with Apple to use Apple Maps in location search results and its a win for privacy. DuckDuckGo CEO Gabriel Weingberg explains why.
- 32:30 January is a hot month for mature game releases, and a relatively no-name company claims its first ever console will be better than the next Xbox and PlayStation. Sam Machkovech from Ars Technica says to wait and see.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
- Facebooks 10 Year Challenge Is Just a Harmless Meme -- Right?
- Preparing for the Next 10+ Years: Data After the #10YearChallenge
- DuckDuckGo Taps Apple Maps to Power Private Search Results
- Measuring the "Filter Bubble": How Google is influencing what you click
- You Deserve Privacy Online. Here’s How You Could Actually Get It
- A game studio with zero hardware experience is building a VR-ready console
- @bell_sms - First look at the Mad Box Controller Concept
- @bell_sms - Mad Box Design Concept
- Resident Evil 2 remake review: Beautiful, terrifying, and annoying
- No More Heroes Gameplay - YouTube
- @Erika_Strong - Cat in the Window