- 1:35 What it means when companies track our phones and sell our location data. Jennifer Valentino-DeVries walks us through her investigation for The New York Times.
- 20:31 How the Apple Watch ECG app compares to other at-home ECG. John Timmer from Ars Technica talks about his personal experience monitoring his heart health.
- 34:52 Ellen Huet from Bloomberg Businessweek tracks the downfall of a company called We Roam that lefts its customers stranded all over the world and hasn't paid its debts yet.
- 47:45 Sundar Pichai testified before Congress this week. Recode's Kurt Wagner explains what we learned about search engine bias, politics, and the Monopoly Man.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
- Your Apps Know Where You Were Last Night, and They’re Not Keeping It Secret
- How to Stop Apps From Tracking Your Location
- A look at the Apple Watch’s ECG, from someone who needs it
- What is atrial fibrillation, and why is your watch telling you about it?
- This Startup Stranded Customers Overseas With No Refunds
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai’s testimony to Congress today
- Republican lawmakers still think Google is biased against conservatives. Google still claims that it’s not.
- Taylor Swift used facial recognition to track her stalkers at a concert