- 1:49 Facebook struck a deal with a number of publishers to launch a new feature called Watch, and Mathew Ingram from Columbia Journalism Review says it means Facebook is now a media company.
- 10:43 China has stopped recycling foreign garbage which means the US needs to get better at how it handles e-waste. Kyle Weins from iFixIt talks about the Right to Repair act and the challenges it faces.
- 26:37 Therapy sessions can now be conducted online and Suzannah Weiss from Tonic discusses the benefits and drawbacks of remote therapy.
- 37:49 Latin America has a unique perspective on privacy and those markets are shifting in the age of GDPR regulations in the EU. Juan D. Guevara Torres from Univision shares his views on privacy and phone addiction in Latin America.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Facebook’s new Watch feature cements its status as a media entity
- We Have the Right to Repair Everything We Own - ifixit.org
- The Future of Electronics Recycling Hinges on Right to Repair Legislation
- Is Online Therapy as Effective as In-Person Therapy?
- Hackable CloudPets pulled from Target, Walmart, Amazon and more