May 24th 2018
Tech News Weekly 33
Hosted by Megan Morrone, Jason Howell
GDPR privacy hits the inbox
Records every Thursday at 2:00pm Eastern / 11:00am Pacific / 18:00 UTC.
Guests: Kurt Wagner, Scott Shaffer, Brian X. Chen
- 1:19 Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg appeared before regulators in the EU to talk about how the company will protect its users, and Kurt Wagner from Recode shares the many ways that Zuckerberg sidestepped their questions.
- 17:38 A new privacy focused web browser claims to be the first virtual private web browser to ensure complete anonymity, and the founder of TraceFree, Scott Shaffer, joins to share exactly how it works.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Watch Mark Zuckerberg’s slightly contentious meeting with EU regulators about Facebook’s data practices
- Mark Zuckerberg faced a bunch of tough questions in Europe today. He didn’t really answer any of them.
- Facebook will ask users outside of Europe to review their privacy settings, too
- Facebook is full of could-be CEOs — but no one ever leaves
- Facebook is now labeling political ads to try and prevent another Russian situation
- SU is moving to Mix