Abrar Al-Heeti joins Mikah Sargent as this week's guest co-host! Abrar shares how Amazon Prime Video now has ads unless you pay more for the ad-free viewing experience, mirroring Disney+ and Netflix's decision to interject ads into its lowest-tier service. Amazon backs out of its acquisition of Roomba following opposition from the EU. Scott Stein of CNET shares his review of the Apple Vision Pro headset. And Reed Albergotti talks about data centers that are smack dab in the middle of nowhere!
- Abrar Al-Heeti shares her story of the week of how Amazon Prime Video now has ads in the basic tier unless you opt to pay 2.99 a month more, following similar moves from Disney+ and Netflix.
- Mikah talks about Amazon backing out of its Roomba acquisition following EU opposition and its plan to block the acquisition.
- Scott Stein of CNET joins the show to talk about his review of the Apple Vision Pro and his thoughts on the device from when it was initially announced to now after reviewing it.
- Finally, Reed Albergotti from Semafor stops by to talk about the mobile data centers, often in remote locations.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
- Amazon Prime Video now has ads, unless you pay up
- Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ will start cracking down on password sharing
- More streaming-related big-picture thoughts: Netflix is different now — and there’s no going back
- Amazon left Roomba with a huge mess to clean up
- Commission sends Amazon Statement of Objections over proposed acquisition of iRobot
- Apple Vision Pro Review: A Mind-Blowing Look at an Unfinished Future
- Data centers in the middle of nowhere