- 1:11 Jason Howell calls in from Google I/O to talk about his favorite announcements from the developer's conference. Plus, his thoughts on Google Duplex, Digital Well-Being, and the new Android P phone gestures.
- 16:14 Eric Newcomer from @technologya on Bloomberg reports on the news from Uber Elevate, including the announcement of UberAir, the company's future ride-sharing flying car company and their food delivery service via drone.
- 26:57 Paris Martineau from The Outline discusses her investigation into Google's spell checker, plus how Facebook is doing at fixing journalism.
- 38:12 Selena Larson from Dragos explains industrial cybersecurity, FUD, and why our internet connected coffee makers might be increasing our attack vectors.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Android P’s ‘actions’ and ‘slices’ are a whole new way to use mobile apps
- How Googles Eerie Robot Phone Calls Hint at AIs Future
- Swipe up: How Android P gestures compare to the iPhone X
- Google aims to improve ‘Digital Wellbeing’ by reminding users to disconnect on occasion
- Waymo shows how its self-driving cars navigate snow
- Google hid the JBL Android TV sound bar's best feature: Assistant on all your HDMI inputs
- A Look at Uber’s Flying Car Dream
- Uber Plans to Test Food Delivery by Drone
- Flying Cars Get Uber Boost From Research Pact With NASA
- Why Google docs is gaslighting everyone about spelling: an investigation
- A no-bullsh** guide to Google I/O 2018
- Marks New News Feed
- Alexa and Siri Can Hear This Hidden Command. You Can’t.