Google had their Made By Google event this month and announced the Pixel 8, Pixel 8 Pro, and Pixel Watch 2. The Surface Laptop Studio 2 could be so much more than the device offers. How one group is utilizing credit card points to corner concert tickets for popular artists. And how AI bias tests are overlooking a key aspect of skin color.
- Mark Spoonauer of Tom's Guide was at the Google event and shares his hands-on time with the Pixel 8 phones and Pixel Watch 2.
- Monica Chin of The Verge shares her review of the Surface Laptop Studio 2 announced at Microsoft's September event and why the laptop left her underwhelmed, especially with a new lineup of Intel chips coming out later this year.
- Jason Howell shares a very interesting story from 404 Media about a group called the "Buyer's Club" buying concert tickets for popular artists like Taylor Swit with credit card points.
- Finally, Mikah Sargent talks about an interesting paper from Sony about how AI algorithms overlook key skin color aspects.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
- Google Event announcements — Pixel 8, Pixel 8 Pro, Pixel Watch 2 and AI news
- Google Pixel 8 hands-on review: The smartest phone yet
- Google Pixel Watch 2 hands-on review: A smartwatch with heart
- Surface Laptop Studio 2 review: this could be so much more - The Verge
- Credit Card Point Maxers Are Secretly Buying Tickets for Olivia Rodrigo Resellers
- AI bias tests gloss over a crucial aspect of skin color, Sony research claims - The Verge