Sep 28th 2023
Tech News Weekly 305
The Promise of Microsoft Copilot
AI & Authors, Net Neutrality, Galaxy Tab S9+
A searchable database to see which author's work is being used to train AI. Microsoft had its big Surface & AI event, and its AI assistant feature, Copilot, was announced. The FCC is looking to bring back net neutrality. And Jason has Samsung's Galaxy Tab S9+ tablet.
- Alex Reisner of The Atlantic joins the show to talk about a search tool for seeing which authors' work is contained within a Books3 AI dataset.
- Daniel Rubino of Windows Central stops by to chat about Microsoft's Surface and AI event, and Microsoft's Copilot service that was officially announced.
- Roger Cheng of Cord Cutters News shares how the FCC is looking to bring back net neutrality after then-chairman Ajit Pai dismantled it.
- And Jason spent time with Samsung's Galaxy Tab S9+ and shares his review on the tablet.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
- What I Found in a Database Meta Uses to Train Generative AI
- These 183,000 books are fueling the biggest fight in publishing and tech
- Microsoft unveils unified Copilot that extends across Bing, Edge, and Windows
- Windows 11 Copilot: Getting started interacting with the chatbot (preview)
- FCC Wants To Revive Net Neutrality, Taking Back Authority Over ISPs Like Comcast, Verizon, and AT&T
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S9+