Feb 9th 2023
Tech News Weekly 272
Netflix Password Crackdown Has Begun
Hosted by Jason Howell, Mikah Sargent
AI Replica Voices, Bing, Android 14 Preview 1
Records every Thursday at 2:00pm Eastern / 11:00am Pacific / 18:00 UTC.
Guests: Joseph Cox, Daniel Rubino
- Joseph Cox of Vice stops by to talk about his reporting of AI voices and the future of it when a computer can replicate another person's voice, especially without their permission.
- Daniel Rubino from Windows Central talks about Microsoft unveiling its new AI-powered Bing search and Edge browser.
- Jason talks about Android's new 14 Developer Preview 1 with new beta features, better API improvements, and even more customization options.
- Finally, Mikah talks about Netflix updating its password-sharing rules in select markets like Canada following a previous accidental leak of what the company had planned to do about password-sharing.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
- AI-Generated Voice Firm Clamps Down After 4chan Makes Celebrity Voices for Abuse
- ‘Disrespectful to the Craft:’ Actors Say They’re Being Asked to Sign Away Their Voice to AI
- Microsoft unveils crazy new Bing powered by ChatGPT AI tech
- Microsoft unveils AI powered version of Edge with shiny new UI and more
- How to sign up for the new Bing powered by ChatGPT
- Android 14 Developer Preview 1 is here with new customization options, better battery life, and more
- Netflix Canada begins password sharing crackdown