Jan 19th 2023
Tech News Weekly 269
Twitter's Unpopular API Changes
- Craig Hockenberry of The Iconfactory and developer of the first Twitter app, Twitterrific, talks to Mikah Sargent about the sudden change to Twitter's API as numerous 3rd party Twitter apps no longer work.
- Dan Moren of Sixcolors stops by to talk about the updates Apple has made to its Mac Mini and MacBook Pro.
- Mikah covers a story about OpenAI using Kenyan workers that were paid less than $2 an hour to make ChatGPT less toxic.
- And finally, Mikah has two more stories that he shares: the first one is an article on The Verge about the Steam Deck and how it has slowly become a device to reckon with. The second story is about the sunsetting of Amazon's AmazonSmile charity program.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
- The End of the Twitter Client Era
- The S*** Show
- Twitter's post about API rules
- Apple unveils MacBook Pro featuring M2 Pro and M2 Max
- Apple introduces new Mac mini with M2 and M2 Pro
- Apple introduces the new HomePod with breakthrough sound and intelligence
- OpenAI Used Kenyan Workers on Less Than $2 Per Hour to Make ChatGPT Less Toxic
- The Steam Deck wasn’t born ready, but it’s ready now
- I wish Amazon had been honest about why it’s sunsetting AmazonSmile