- Sarah Krouse from The Wall Street Journal talks about how Netflix's offering of an ad-supported tier is going for the company in their hopes of staying profitable.
- David Carr of Similiarweb discusses some of the most prominent digital growth and decline trends with some popular websites like Mastodon and ChatGPT.
- Amanda Hoover of Wired joins the show to chat with Jason about how Mastodon is doing since Elon Musk became CEO of Twitter and what the company may face as its popularity rises.
- Finally, Mikah talks about an attorney who got kicked out of a Rockettes show because of facial recognition.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
- Netflix’s Ad-Supported Tier Was Its Least Popular Plan, Analytics Firm Estimates
- Netflix on Twitter: "Love is sharing a password"
- The End of Netflix Password Sharing Is Nigh
- Netflix password sharing may be illegal, says UK government
- mastodon.social Traffic Analytics & Market Share
- twitter.com Traffic Analytics & Market Share
- open.ai Traffic Analytics & Market Share
- chat.openai.com Traffic Analytics & Market Share
- Mastodon Is Hurtling Toward a Tipping Point
- Attorney says facial recognition got her kicked out of a Rockettes show