Dec 1st 2022
Tech News Weekly 262
LastPass, Hive, and Eufy's Security Woes
Hosted by Jason Howell, Mikah Sargent
LastPass Security, SFPD Robots, Anker's Eufy Cameras
Records every Thursday at 2:00pm Eastern / 11:00am Pacific / 18:00 UTC.
Guests: Steve Gibson, Matthew Guariglia
- Steve Gibson of Security Now joins the show to talk about LastPass's recent security incident that stems from some information gathered from a previous security breach that LastPass suffered earlier this year.
- Matthew Guariglia from the Electronic Frontier Foundation stops by to talk about a policy, soon to be voted on, that will allow the San Francisco Police Department to use deadly force through the use of robots.
- Jason Howell talks about the Hive Social app that has been gaining traction since Elon Musk acquired Twitter and how you might not want to use it after numerous security vulnerabilities were discovered.
- Finally, Mikah talks about how Eufy's security cameras from Anker are not as secure and encrypted as they promise to be, as it is possible to view the cameras through a media player like VLC.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
- Notice of Recent Security Incident - LastPass
- Red Alert: The SFPD Want the Power to Kill with Robots
- Law Enforcement Equipment Policy
- Hive Social
- Warning: do not use Hive Social - Zeroforschung
- Hive Social's response to the security incident
- Anker’s Eufy lied to us about the security of its security cameras