Nov 17th 2022
Tech News Weekly 261
ID.me Scrutinized by House Committees
Hosted by Jason Howell, Mikah Sargent
Evernote buyout, Snapdragon AR2 Gen 1, iPhone Emergency SOS
Records every Thursday at 2:00pm Eastern / 11:00am Pacific / 18:00 UTC.
Guests: Dan Moren, Devindra Hardawar
- Dan Moren from Six Colors walks through the details of Apple's rollout of Emergency SOS features for iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro.
- Jason details Qualcomm's next-gen augmented reality chip, the Snapdragon AR2 Gen 1.
- Mikah shows the heat ID.me is facing from house committees based on unemployment fraud claims it made.
- Devindra Hardawar from Engadget talks about why he may be moving on from Evernote after it announced it's being acquired.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
- Emergency SOS via satellite on iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro lineups made possible by $450 million Apple investment in US infrastr
- Emergency SOS via satellite available today on the iPhone 14 lineup in the US and Canada
- Qualcomm debuts the Snapdragon AR2 Gen 1 for thin, high-performance AR glasses
- Niantic shows off AR headset prototype powered by Snapdragon AR2 Gen 1
- House Committees Slam ID.me for 'Baseless' Unemployment Fraud Claims
- Evernote, once the king of note-taking apps, has been bought by Bending Spoons