- Meta announced a huge round of layoffs in its company. Gerrit De Vynck from The Washington Post joins the show to discuss some of the layoffs' details.
- Stephen Shankland from CNET stops by to talk about Mastodon, what he liked about the social network, and what he has struggled with the alternative to Twitter so far.
- Ant Pruitt talks about how Twitter's new for-purchase verification badge has been abused already since its launch earlier this week.
- Finally, Mikah Sargent talks about a new cost-cutting review program launched by Amazon to reevaluate specific sectors in the company that hasn't been profitable.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
- Meta laying off 11,000 as tech industry slashes jobs
- I Am Trying to Like Mastodon
- LeBron James and others impersonated by verified Twitter accounts
- Mike Masnick on Twitter: "I see the "verification" system is going juuuuuuuuuuuust great."
- Amazon, in Broad Cost-Cutting Review, Weighs Changes at Alexa and Other Unprofitable Units