Mar 29th 2018
Tech News Weekly 25
Get Out of My House
Hosted by Megan Morrone, Jason Howell
The backstory of Cambridge Analytica
Records every Thursday at 2:00pm Eastern / 11:00am Pacific / 18:00 UTC.
Guests: Kurt Wagner, Carolina Milanesi, Andy Kroll, Gregg Murset
- 2:08 Kurt Wagner from Recode details how Facebook is cutting itself off from third-party data aggregators.
- 17:53 Carolina Milanesi from Creative Strategies compares Apple's recent education product announcement to Chromebooks in the classroom.
- 33:21 Andy Kroll from Mother Jones details the background of Cambridge Analytica and what led up to Facebook's related privacy revelations.
- 50:01 Gregg Murset talks about his app BusyKid and how to educate children in the management of money in the digital age.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Facebook is cutting third-party data providers out of ad targeting to clean up its act
- Facebook is making it easier to see all the personal data it collects about you
- The Facebook/Cambridge Analytica Scandal, According To My Mom
- Apple Renews its Love for Education not the Education Market
- Apple Education Software - apple.com
- Apple Education Event - Video
- The Feds Confirm They’re Investigating Facebook’s Data Practices
- Cloak and Data: The Real Story Behind Cambridge Analytica’s Rise and Fall
- Cambridge Analytica and the Secret Agenda of a Facebook Quiz
- The incredible journey of a camera lost at sea